The gold futures contract lost 0.83% on Tuesday, as it slightly extended a short-term downtrend following breaking below $1,750 price level. Recently, the market continued to trade along the $1,750 price level after breaking below local lows of around $1,780 more than w week ago as series of the U.S. economic data releases along with the rallying U.S. dollar led to a sell-off in precious metals. This morning gold is bouncing back and it gets closer to $1,750 again, as we can see on the daily chart (the chart includes today’s intraday data):
Today gold is 0.6% higher, as it is retracing yesterday’s decline. What about the other precious metals? Silver is 0.6% lower, platinum is 0.3% higher and palladium is 1.5% higher. So precious metals’ prices are mixed this morning.
Yesterday’s CB Consumer Confidence release has been worse than expected at 109.3 vs. a forecast of 115.2. Today we will get the Pending Home Sales release at 10:00 a.m. We will also have a series of Central Banks releases.
Below you will find our Gold, Silver, and Mining Stocks economic news schedule for the next two trading days:
Wednesday, September 29
- 1:00 a.m. U.S. – Pending Home Sales m/m
- 11:45 a.m. U.S. – Fed Chair Powell Speech
- 11:45 a.m. Eurozone – ECB President Lagarde Speech
- 11:45 a.m. Japan – BOJ Governor Kuroda Speech
- 11:45 a.m. U.K. – BOE Governor Bailey Speech
- 2:00 p.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bostic Speech
- 9:00 p.m. China – Manufacturing PMI, Non-Manufacturing PMI
- 9:45 p.m. China – Caixin Manufacturing PMI
Thursday, September 30
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Final GDP q/q, Unemployment Claims, Final GDP Price Index q/q
- 9:45 a.m. U.S. – Chicago PMI
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Williams Speech
- 11:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bostic Speech
- 12:30 p.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Evans Speech
- Tentative, Japan – BOJ Governor Kuroda Speech
- All Day, China – Bank Holiday
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
Stock Selection Strategist
Sunshine Profits: Analysis. Care. Profits.
* * * * *
All essays, research and information found above represent analyses and opinions of Paul Rejczak and Sunshine Profits’ associates only. As such, it may prove wrong and be a subject to change without notice. Opinions and analyses were based on data available to authors of respective essays at the time of writing. Although the information provided above is based on careful research and sources that are believed to be accurate, Paul Rejczak and his associates do not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the data or information reported. The opinions published above are neither an offer nor a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities. Mr. Rejczak is not a Registered Securities Advisor. By reading Paul Rejczak’s reports you fully agree that he will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions you make regarding any information provided in these reports. Investing, trading and speculation in any financial markets may involve high risk of loss. Paul Rejczak, Sunshine Profits’ employees and affiliates as well as members of their families may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.