Here are the main events for the upcoming week:
- BOJ Gov Kuroda will hold a Speech at 00:30 GMT. Investors will be watching for any clues to indicate further actions by Japan’s central bank
- Eurozone CPI will be released at 9:00 GMT and is expected to rise to 0.4% from 0.2% MoM while YoY is expected to remain unchanged at 0.8%.
- The RBA (Reserve Bank of Australia) Meeting Minutes will be released at 00:30 GMT and can shed light on recent decisions made by Australian policy makers.
- UK CPI will be published at 8:30 GMT. YoY inflation rate is expected to rise by 0.9% compare to previous 0.6% while MoM is expected to rise by 0.3% compare to 0.1% in August.
- US CPI – The YoY US inflation rate will be released at 12:30 GMT and forecasts to rise to 1.5% from 1.1%. YoY core inflation rate is expected to hold steady at 2.3%. The data can indicate further clues for Fed’s rate hike in December.
- At 2:00 GMT China’s GDP will be released and expected to remain unchanged at 1.8% for the Q3. Chinese YoY growth is also expected to remain unchanged at 6.7%.
- UK Unemployment Rate & Claimant Count Change will be published at 8:30 GMT. UK employment rate is forecasts to hold steady at 4.9% while figure for claimant count is expected to rise to 3000 from 2400 in September.
- US Housing Starts and Building Permits will be released at 12:30 GMT. Housing starts forecat to rise to 1175K from 1142K while building permits also expected to rise to 1163K from 1152K.
- Bank of Canada Rate Decision will take action at 14:00 GMT. Rates are expected to remain unchanged at 0.5%. The BOC will also provide its Monetary Policy Report.
- Crude Oil Inventories will be released at 14:30 GMT. Stockpiles are expected to drop by 800K barrels after a rise of 4.9 million barrels in the previous week.
- Australia Employment Data will be publishes at 00:30 GMT. Employment change expected to grow by 15,000 after a drop of 3900 in August while employment rate is expected to rise slightly to 5.7% from 5.6% a month earlier.
- UK Retail Sales will be released at 8:30 GMT. MoM figure is expected to rise by 0.3% after a drop of -0.2% a month earlier while YoY sales growth are expected to decrease to 4.8% compare to 6.2% in August.
- ECB Interest Rate Decision will be published at 11:45 GMT. Although ECB president Mario Draghi is not expected to announce any changes, markets will be watching for more easing from the European central bank. Later on, the ECB press conference will take action at 12:30 GMT.
- US Existing Home Sales will be released at 14:00. Figure expected to rise to 5.38M from 5.33M.
Canada CPI & Retail Sales will be published at 12:30 GMT. YoY growth expected to rise by 1.5% compare to 1.1% a month earlier while MoM forecast to rise by 0.2% after a drop of -0.2% in the previous month. Canada retal sales data is expeected to rise by 0.3% compare to a previous drop of -0.1%.
Check out our real-time Economic Calendar