The gold futures contract lost 0.31% on Tuesday, as it continued to fluctuate following $100 decline after last week’s FOMC Statement release. On June 1 gold price was the highest since early January. In April the market has bounced from the support level marked by March 8 local low of $1,663.30. Since then it has been advancing. This morning gold is trading slightly higher, as we can see on the daily chart (the chart includes today’s intraday data):
Right now gold is 0.3% higher, as it is extending a short-term consolidation. What about the other precious metals? Silver is 0.7% higher, platinum is 0.7% higher and palladium is 1.65% higher today. So precious metals’ prices are higher this morning.
The markets will be waiting for today’s important PMI numbers releases at 9:45 a.m. We will also have the New Home Sales number release and some Fed talk.
Below you will find our Gold, Silver, and Mining Stocks economic news schedule for the next two trading days:
Wednesday, June 23
- 3:30 a.m. Eurozone – German Flash Manufacturing PMI, German Flash Services PMI
- 9:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bowman Speech
- 9:45 a.m. U.S. – Flash Manufacturing PMI, Flash Services PMI
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – New Home Sales
- 11:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bostic Speech
- 12:00 p.m. Eurozone – ECB President Lagarde Speech
Thursday, June 24
- 4:00 a.m. Eurozone – German ifo Business Climate
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Final GDP q/q, Unemployment Claims, Durable Goods Orders m/m, Core Durable Goods Orders m/m, Final GDP Price Index q/q, Goods Trade Balance, Preliminary Wholesale Inventories m/m
- 9:30 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bostic Speech
- 11:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Williams Speech
- 4:30 p.m. U.S. – Bank Stress Test Results
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
Stock Selection Strategist
Sunshine Profits: Analysis. Care. Profits.
* * * * *
All essays, research and information found above represent analyses and opinions of Paul Rejczak and Sunshine Profits’ associates only. As such, it may prove wrong and be a subject to change without notice. Opinions and analyses were based on data available to authors of respective essays at the time of writing. Although the information provided above is based on careful research and sources that are believed to be accurate, Paul Rejczak and his associates do not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the data or information reported. The opinions published above are neither an offer nor a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities. Mr. Rejczak is not a Registered Securities Advisor. By reading Paul Rejczak’s reports you fully agree that he will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions you make regarding any information provided in these reports. Investing, trading and speculation in any financial markets may involve high risk of loss. Paul Rejczak, Sunshine Profits’ employees and affiliates as well as members of their families may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.